What do I do if my child is absent from school?
- Please call the school on 01224 868801 and either leave a message on our answering machine or advise our office staff.
- You can also email the school on firstname.lastname@example.org
What do I do if I need to take my child out of school for an appointment?
- As above, and if your child is below the age of 16 they must be collected from reception if your appointment is during the school day.
What if my child has forgotten something, what should I do?
- If convenient you may drop the item at reception and text your child to collect.
If you are unable to drop off equipment, your child will be expected to apologise within their class and remember in the future.
What if the School Bus is late?
There are occurrences when the bus arrives late especially during road works or inclement weather.
- When your child gets on the bus and arrives late for registration, they must come to reception to sign in.
- In the event of your child waiting for a reasonable amount of time and the bus doesn’t arrive, please telephone the Public Transport Unit (PTU) on: 01224 523760 (Peterculter) or 01467 533335 – option 4 (Shire)
Please always let the school know so we can pursue your query by either email or telephone.
What does the school day look like?
|Tutorial||08.30 – 08.42|
|Period 1||08.42 – 09.35|
|Period 2||09.35 – 10.28|
|Morning Interval||10.28 – 10.48|
|Period 3||10.48 – 11.41|
|Period 4||11.41 – 12.34|
|Lunchtime||12.34 – 13.24|
|Period 5||13.24 – 14.17|
|Period 6||14.17 – 15.10|
Where can I buy school uniform and what should I buy?
Suppliers of Cults Academy uniform:
School Uniform is:
- White shirt/blouse with collar suitable for a tie
- School tie (available to purchase from the School Office)
- Appropriate dark grey or black trousers/school skirt (avoid fashion extremes)
- School type black footwear
- School jumper or slip with badge
- School blazer (S5/6 wear House braid)
Pupil Do’s and Don’ts for school uniform:
- arrive for school in appropriate clothing
- remember your blazer/tie
- project a positive image of yourself and the school in the school grounds and the local community
- wear denim or leather
- wear fashion tops not meant for a tie
Aberdeen City Council makes available a grant in certain circumstances to cover the cost of school uniform – see our Financial Support page for further info.